For those of you who have access to a Trader Joe’s, here’s a nutritious and delicious item that you only have to assemble to enjoy. You will find the ingredients in the produce and cheese section of the store. The dish is great as a vegetarian entrée, or as a side dish for a meat entrée. It’s ideal as a brown bag item.
I should mention that I obtained this recipe from Celine Cossou-Bordes’ excellent book, “Cooking with Trader Joe’s.” (I have substituted low-fat feta for her recommended full-fat goat cheese. Also, bottled vinaigrette to save prep time.) You can buy Coussou-Bordes’ book on amazon.com.
LENTIL & BEET SALAD (4 Servings)
- One pkg TJ’s refrigerated Steamed Lentils
- 6 pearl tomatoes, cut in wedges
- One pkg TJ’S refrigerated Steamed and Peeled Baby Beets
- 6 oz. low-fat feta cheese, crumbles
- 3 oz. bottled vinaigrette dressing
- Place lentils in a medium bowl and heat in microwave for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and beets.
- Pour vinaigrette over lentil mixture, stir to combine, then sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles.