I took this photo during our visit to Buchart Gardens on Vancouver Island. Here are some additional photos of the greenhouse garden:
So: Today’s brown bag recipe is another offering from our Vancouver Island hostess, Gail Bishop. Edamame (Japanese green soy beans) can be found in the freezer section of most grocery stores. The beans are tasty and filled with high-quality protein.
Try this edamame salad with teriyaki chicken or salmon. You can also serve it as a vegan entree.
EDAMAME, RED PEPPER, AND CORN SALAD (4 servings)
- 2 tsp. Sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed and drained
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
In bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and garlic until blended. Stir in edamame, red pepper and corn.