For my low-carb people, here is a nice side dish that pairs well with roasted chicken, turkey, meatloaf or cooked hamburger. It heats up well in the microwave or in the Hot Logic mini oven/lunchpail. (see https://myhotlogic.com for more info on this device.) And it is so colorful!
SQUASH-TOMATO SAUTE (2-3 servings)
- Two tablespoons of pure olive oil
- One large yellow crookneck squash, sliced crosswise
- One medium sweet yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- Two small on-the-vine tomatoes, chopped
- Approximately 1 to 1 1/2 cups water
- One small package of fresh dill, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and add squash and onion. Saute for four minutes, constantly stirring.
- Add tomatoes and saute for one minute more.
- Add enough water to cover. Mix in minced dill plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add additional water if needed.
- Serve immediately.